4D (AIM: DDDD), a pharmaceutical company focusing on the development of live biotherapeutics, is pleased to announce its maiden set of final results for the period from 10 January 2014 to 31 December 2014.
Financial highlights for the period:
- admitted to trading on AIM on 18 February 2014 raising £16.55 million
- raised £21.5 million in a placing on 14 July 2014
- cash, cash equivalents, deposits and short-term investments increased to £31.8 million
- loss before tax of £2.38 million
- basic loss per share of 4.81 pence
Following the period end, a further £34.75 million was raised by the Company in a placing which completed on 10 February 2015.
Business highlights for the period:
- successful development of first generation programmes
- Blautix, a treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and Thetanix, a treatment for paediatric Crohn's, scheduled to enter first in man studies in 2015
- Rosburix, a treatment for paediatric ulcerative colitis, scheduled to enter clinical trials in H2 2016
- development of MicroRx methodology, identifying other therapeutically relevant bacteria
The Annual Report will be posted to shareholders later today and will also be available, in electronic form, for download on the Company's website www.4dpharmaplc.com and contains a notice of the Company's first Annual General Meeting, which will be held on Monday 29 June 2015 at 10:00am at the offices of Schofield Sweeney LLP, Springfield House, 76 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2AY.
Duncan Peyton, Chief Executive Officer of 4D, commented: "We are delighted to have had such a constructive first financial period, which has seen both the evolution of the Group's initial discovery projects, taking them towards clinical trials in the next 12 months, and the development, through its skilled team of researchers and MicroRx methodology, of the Group's pipeline of novel live biotherapeutics. We remain excited by the prospects for the coming period."