4D pharma plc (AIM: DDDD), a world leader in live biotherapeutics, a novel class of therapeutic using commensal bacteria, rather than chemicals or engineered biologics, as a "drug", is pleased to announce its final results for the year ended 31 December 2015.
Financial highlights for the period:
· Completed two placings to raise, in aggregate, £64.8 million (before expenses)
· cash, cash equivalents, deposits and short-term investments increased to £85.4 million (2014: £31.8 million)
· loss before tax of £10.1 million (2014: £2.4 million)
· basic loss per share of 12.6 pence (2014: 4.8 pence)
Business highlights for the period:
· commenced first trial in patients with irritable bowel syndrome
· gained approval to start trial in paediatric patients with Crohn's Disease
· initiated a research programme in conjunction with University College Cork to look at the potential effect of bacteria on conditions such as autism, depression and anxiety
· announced our first live therapeutic oncology candidate
Following the period end:
· 4D acquired Tucana Health Limited, a start-up company from University College Cork, founded to investigate the use of microbiome signatures to aid the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
The Annual Report will be posted to shareholders and made available on the Company's website www.4dpharmaplc.com at a later date and will contain a notice of the Company's Annual General Meeting.
Duncan Peyton, Chief Executive Officer of 4D, commented: "We are delighted to release our annual results for the year, which has seen the evolution of the Group's discovery projects and research methodology. We now have 15 therapeutic programmes in development covering the areas of autoimmunity, central nervous system (CNS) disorders and cancer as well as a number of candidates progressing through clinical trials. We remain excited by the prospects for the coming period."